Thursday, March 22, 2012

March 22nd, Regrets and A Motto

On this day last year, I was driving to work when my cell phone rang. The number in the display was from Florida and I immediately knew the reason - my father had died. At that time, I was mourning one brother and worried about the other who was scheduled for an operation. Six weeks later, my entire birth family was gone and I made up my mind to do some of the things I had put off doing. My father and brothers had often mentioned plans never brought to fruition.

One brother voiced his regrets, the other just felt them. My father had an enormous folder with every letter I had ever sent, dating back to letters from camp when I was 12. He had traveled with me through the US, Turkey, Europe, through my letters, but had never joined me.

So, whatever it is that you have thought about doing, talked about doing, wanted to do, do it now, or as soon as possible, and tell me about it. In the meantime, enjoy this journey with me.

Now, for the motto from DeeDee which I love:

Some mistakes are just too much fun to make only once.

No comments:

Post a Comment