Saturday, March 3, 2012

Freo, Adelaide, Queenspark (yes, again!) and Dry Cleaning

Fremantle - Freo - is small, charming and entirely live-able. Adelaide is big, almost charming but looks too much like every other big city: same chain stores and restaurants and lots of traffic. Nevertheless, I had to go back as my list had grown to almost epic proportions. Since I was there anyway, I stopped in Queenspark. The saleswoman, Jackie, had been alerted to the possibility by another passenger. She, like Alicia, before her, is thoroughly competent and thus, I got a jacket, a wonderful dress and jacket and a black top to wow them in the ballroom.























Jackie, thanks. It's a good sign when I go shopping alone and am happy with the purchases after I get home!

The dry cleaners on board is temporarily not working - yikes! All my evening clothes must be dry-cleaned. This means I might have to miss a ball or 2 as I really cannot keep buying clothes - never mind the budget, it's the closet which is bursting.


ADELAIDE








The least enthusiastic Dixieland band I have ever heard!






On to Melbourne - am looking forward to it.

2 comments:

  1. Loving the Blog Judy - Keep those entries coming! - Cathy Drew

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear you are having a good time. Keep up the updates.

    ReplyDelete