Friday, March 16, 2012

Julie, Japanese regulations, weather

Frist:

Julie, great to hear from you and am glad you are enjoying my adventures. I certainly am.

For some reason or reasons, we will not be able to access the internet nor use our cell phones as long as we are in Japanese territorial waters. We will enter them in approximately 4 hours and will be off-line for the next 3+ days. No one know why and the immigration agent who checked me this morning (am I bring in more than one million yen?? ho-ho!)pretended not to understand the question.

Does anyone, any normal passenger ever check, yes, I am bringing in explosives, yes, I am a member of a terrorist organization? Only once.

We have now encountered such rough weather that several people seem to be in digestive distress (graphic enough?). Thanks go to my Viking ancestors - I love the rough weather, especially in this ship, which rides the waves and absorbs the shock of the waves hitting the sides beautifully.

OK, here is the plan: we should dock about 10 pm and with luck, we will be able to leave the ship at midnight. One of the Japanese passengers wrote out the characters (probably letters since Japanese has an alphabet) for salsa club and any taxi driver should understand. I hope to dance through the night, take an early train to Nara, visit for a few hours, train back and sleep tomorrow through tomorrow night.

Will let you know if it works. Fingers and toes crossed, please! Party animal in Latin is fera festiva!

No comments:

Post a Comment