Thursday, April 26, 2012

THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES.......

First, thanks to Nicola and Regina, who kept my apartment alive; Wendy, who took care of the American arrangements.  I could not have done this without your combined support.
And, Michael who joined me for 9 days of this journey but accompanied me the entire time.

In no particular order:
Commodore Christopher Rynd,
Commodore Tim Lowe,
Ed, Chris, San, Kelvin, James P. and James of Oxford, Jamila, Natalya
Jan otherwise known as Gladys, Brian, Glenn and Elaine, Asher, Tony, Ailwin,
Warren, Joan, Mel and Allen,
Thomas, the whale-watching Waltz King,
Petra, Nathan, Terry, Ray and Lise,
Glenn, Glenn, Joue, Viktoria, Jason, Lynn, John, Jo, Sophie, Natasha,
Dan and Nikki, Steve M, dance host and author,
DJ Lee, the absolute best in the world,
all the waiters who spoiled me rotten,
Harold King, who made all of us believe that we could dance and suddenly we could,
and Dragana, who made it all possible.

The last, very special thanks to (in alphabetical order) Lil, Maree and Tita - the Melbourne Triplets - whom I still miss.
 
Three women boarded in Australia and came to line dancing.  The first thing I noticed was that they finished each other's sentences.  Then, I noticed that they all used one pair of eye glasses.  Super dancers and obviously super friends. 

Well, they "adopted" me, and Ed, and never before nor since have I had so many hugs, kisses, giggles, laughs, belly laughs, dancing and fun, punctuated by serious talks on deck 7 after dancing in the "G".
Of course, after the joke John K told, I will never look at a chicken again without thinking of him.

We still do ZORBA and BABY GIGOLO, I have found HAUNTED HEART and will learn it when I am back in Germany.

ED, if you have an ounce of sense, you will get on a plane and fly to Melbourne into the waiting arms and hearts of the Triplets.

So, to all of you and anyone whose name I have not listed (blow to the head, blunt force trauma, remember? Yes, but vaguely!!),


THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES.


The greatest compliment I can give anyone: 

whenever I think of you, I will smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment