Saturday, April 28, 2012

P.S.

People I forgot to thank:  Henry, Andrew, Stephan, James, Ernesto, Melony - the best pursers in the whole, wide world.

And, in John Lewis in the West Quay Mall:

Lorraine at the Yves Saint Laurent counter
and
Julie at Clinique.

Julie, your advice and recommendations were spot-on.  I forgot the primer but will be back in 2 weeks - see you then.  And, keep working on your dream and it will turn into a plan which will turn into reality.  I am living proof of that.

Southampton, the real end of the circumnavigation, yesterday was rainy, sunny, cold, warm, windy - all within 2 hours.  I did some shopping (see above), came back to the ship early and fell asleep, missing dinner in the dining room.  I went upstairs to the "smash and grab" and then to jazz.

Because I do not like the new line dancing teacher (in one dance, we have to make the crocodile's mouth, just like in first grade!), I no longer have to rush in the morning.  I just might make up some of my sleep deprivation.  Or, I just might stay up late, in the Chart Room for the jazz.

No matter what, it will still be amazing.

When I was about 10, I found some books which had belonged to my uncle, who died in England during WWII.  They were travel books by Richard Halliburton.  I devoured them, determined to follow in his footsteps. Although they are dated, I still enjoy them and recommend any and all.

In the forward to his books, he said that he had planned to take his children around the world, but since he did not have children, he invited the reader to accompany him.  I guess I have done the same thing, inviting you to join me.

Thank you, all of you, for traveling with me.  I hope I have been able to adequately express my amazement, my wonder, at all I have experienced.  Someone described my enthusiasm as "a 7-year-old 3 days before Christmas".  I was and still am.  Hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment