Thursday, February 14, 2019

San Francisco - 06 February, 2019

Before the photos:  in order to get relatively fast internet service, I have to come to the ship's library at about 8 pm or between 4 and 6 am.  There is too much metal between my stateroom and the routers for anything like a fast connection.

And, I have been in the stateroom since Sunday evening, with a raging cold, a fever slightly over 100 degrees F and a constant headache.  That meant missing Honolulu and Maya and Co.  I cried myself silly when I wasn't sleeping on Monday but there was no way that I could expose her/them to this virus.

I went down to dinner for the first time tonight and got a royal welcome from my waiters and the head waiter.

Of course, P now has it and so I get to thank him for his help during the last 4 days by looking after him.  In truth, I am a better patient, but that's a story for another time.














Public water fountains



The tram fare is $1.35 with about 2-hours time to transfer





A whale poster for those who had watched whales in Mexico








If this church looks familiar, it's the one featured in "Sister Act".




Camelias in the garden







Another reason to "think pink"












Help!  Who was St. Lucy?






 Do not "fornicate"!




St. Lawrence, patron saint of cooks





Many of the windows were donated by families






Nation Shrine of St. Francis of Assisi









Cole's Hardware store - my idea of heaven!!!!




Down Grant Avenue


The Hand of Buddha lemons
















Happy New Year, except for the ducks


1 comment: