Friday, April 1, 2016

PALAWAN

PALAWAN

March 6th, 2016

For the past month, I have struggled to reduce the pixel size of the photos so that I could load them easily.

The internet connection aboard ship is via a satellite and is slow.  I get 8 hours of computer time for free for each segment of the voyage - 18 to 25 days.  And under normal circumstances (sending and receiving email) that should suffice, unless you are attempting to load photos - each 2.5 - 4.5 mg photo can take between 10 and 15 minutes to load.  The computer times goes rapidly.

However, I was able to reduce some of the photos from Palawan, which was not originally our destination.  We received  a letter stating that we would not call at Cebu, the original destination, but would instead have a day on Palawan.  


Under the best of circumstances, I am not a beach person.  That’s probably hard to believe if you have followed my travels for long but it’s true.  So, on Palawan I took a bus downtown and Per went to the beach.





SAILING INTO PALAWAN












Booths on the wharf waiting for the tourists




Our protectors

First look at the cathedral






 More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment