Thursday, February 7, 2013

Barcelona


Barcelona!!

If there is one thing I know, and I do, traveling with a man, almost an man, is infinitely easier than traveling with a woman, any woman.

In Barcelona, I was lucky enough to have Neal as my walking companion.  I sent an email asking if he could recommend a witty and intelligent man to accompany me, and lo and behold! he knew I meant him.

As we didn’t start until 1 pm, and as I needed to find a post office, we headed to Las Ramblas – a boulevard-sized street with a large island in the middle.  The island is broad enough for stands, especially for flowers, bulbs and seeds, cut flowers, plants and souvenirs.

Because I had bought souvenirs and a guide book years before, I refrained this time and just enjoyed the sights and sounds – a cool, but bright and sunny day.

Neal is an extraordinary musician with an encyclopedic knowledge of music so, of course, we looked at musical instruments but got chased out, very gently – siesta time.  There was a hunter-green trombone and any number of very good guitars – I was tempted but didn’t get one.  Instead, we went to FNAC, an electronics store and with his help, I got some very good speakers for my ipod and computer:  Mitch Ryder and The Detroit Wheels with lots of boom!!

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment