Tuesday, May 15, 2012

If home is where the heart is ........

then I am not home.

Tuesday after Sunday when the ship docked,

Michael was given a pass by a good friend of his and surprised me aboard the ship on Sunday.  The trip down the Elbe culminating in the Hafengeburtstag - Harbour Birthday - in Hamburg was wonderful and I would have enjoyed it more if I had not been about to disembark.

My best friend aboard arranged for Michael to get a pass and when I came around the corner, he was sitting in Todd English (upscale restaurant on deck 8) waiting for me.  The three of us had lunch at the buffet on deck 7, then back to TE where Michael played and he and I sang.  Anything to calm my nerves.

The first and only unpleasant situation - I could not find one of my suitcases.  I was looking for the red, white and blue ribbons with which I festoon my bags.  Someone had removed them but the bag was there.  Then, outside to the rented car, hugs and kisses goodbye and we took off.  Michael took the scenic route so as to avoid downtown and while it took longer, it was much more relaxed and quite beautiful much of the time.

The car and the apartment were still here but according to the water meter downstairs, one or more of the neighbors has used my washing machine, situated in the cellar, a lot.  I'll get that straightened out this week.

Yesterday, a charming man from the auto club came by and charged the battery.  Otherwise, there are clothes, shoes, souvenirs, and unidentifiable objects everywhere.  What a wonderful series of adventures I had.  Photos to follow as soon as I figure out how.  Help!!




No comments:

Post a Comment